Authority of the council
- The council shall review and resolve any matters and important policies under its jurisdiction in accordance with statutes and ordinances.
Right to Inspect Administrative Affairs
- The council shall have a right to monitor and control affairs of the local government.
- Regarding organization and operation of the local council, the council shall have an autonomous authority to regulate itself without involvement or interference of an outside institute, such as the State or any executive body, etc.
Suffrage and Awarded Right
- The council shall have a right to elect members of its own internal organizations, and a right awarded itself by the statutes or the ordinances of the relevant local government, etc.
Right to Accept Petitions
- The council shall have a right to accept and handle petitions submitted by residents of the local government after the petitions are introduced to the council by more than one council member.
Right to Present Opinions
- The council has a right to express and present its opinions about any outside institutes, such as an executive body of the relevant local government, or the central government, etc.
Right to Demand Document (Materials) Submission
- The council has a right to demand that the head of the local government submit documents directly related to affairs under inspection and examination of an executive body, and the review of cases on the agenda.
Right to Request to Appear and Right to Ask Questions
- The council may request that the head of the local government or any concerned public officials appear.
Right to Demand Report
- The council has a right to demand a report concerning the administrative handling of an executive body.